Child safe blinds are at the forefront of every parents mind. Make sure that the blind company you choose supply and fit a full range of child safe blinds. Now available are vertical blinds that can be finished with chainless bottom weights not only looks sleek but also reduces the risk of unsafe loops in your home creating a child safe window dressing. Each blind is sealed with the weight inside so there is no need for the chains at the bottom. Also the chains are fitted with easy break chain connectors that release when 3 kgs of weight is applied. Also for extra safety the cords can be secured when wrapped around cleats. Perfect fit blinds are also the preferred choice for families with young children, as there are no cords or chains for children to get into trouble. The perfect fit blinds are fitted directly onto the frame of your double glazed unit. There are many different options for child safe blinds so make sure you make the right choice.
Other precautions to consider
- Keep furniture a safe distance from windows to prevent children from climbing up to window area
- Chains on the bottom of vertical blinds can also pose a danger to children and pets
- Sewn in bottom weights will prevent the need for bottom chains
- Don’t allow any cords to hang near a child’s cot or bed
- Choose a cordless blind system like Intu